What is IVF?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a very common treatment used to help with fertility or prevent genetic problems and assist with the conception of a child, during which the egg and sperm are combined outside the body and then get transferred to the uterus.
IVF treatment steps are as follows:
1. Day 1 of your period is considered the first day of your IVF treatment cycle.
2. The stimulation phase starts from day 1. In a natural monthly cycle, your ovaries normally produce 1 egg. You’ll take medication for 8-14 days to encourage the follicles in your ovaries (where the eggs live) to produce more eggs.
3. Egg retrieval is a procedure where the eggs are collected from your ovaries. You’ll be given anesthetic medication and the procedure takes about 20-30 minutes. Average number of eggs retrieved is 10.
4. Fertilization will take place in lab after sperm sample is received the same day of egg retrieval.
5. Embryo development starts when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Embryo is placed into a special incubator where the conditions for growth and development are perfect.
6. The embryo transfer is a very simple process, like a pap smear. It takes about 5 minutes, you’ll be awake, there’s no anesthetic, and you can get up straight away. Before the transfer, it might be a good idea to speak to your doctor about ERA test (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis)
7. Approximately two weeks after your embryo transfer, you’ll have a blood test to measure your levels of the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) also known as the pregnancy test.
What is the success rate of IVF?
Success rates differ depending on various factors. Among these, women’s age and previous failed In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles are the main two factors. The average live birth IVF success rate for women under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40%. However, women over age 42 have a 4% success rate.
Why choose Turkey for IVF treatment?
Turkish IVF clinics offer newest methods in test tube baby treatment with highest success rates than that of any other country in the world.
In Turkey with IVF treatment, the pregnancy rate in young couples with a good prognosis is approximately 65%, whereas in couples with a poor prognosis, such as those with a maternal age of over 40 years, or with more than three previous failed In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles, the pregnancy rate is lower, decreasing up to 15-20%. After 43 years pregnancy rate is about 3-5 %.
The laws in Turkey do not allow egg, sperm or embryo donation. Therefore, only IVF treatment using own eggs and sperm is allowed. The cost of IVF treatment can be half of that in the UK and US and that makes Turkey an appealing destination for IVF patients.
How long do I have to stay in Turkey for IVF treatment (test tube baby)?
One cycle of treatment takes approximately sixteen to seventeen days.
What does Fly in Health offer for IVF treatment?
Fly in Health helps patients worldwide meet the best IVF clinics with highest success rates in Turkey, along with hotel and flight bookings, transportation and personal assistance throughout your exciting journey.